I don’t think we’ve ever seen a year quite like 2020! As we transition into 2021, it’s easier to be a lot more optimistic and refocus on things we might have drifted away from, like our fitness. At the beginning of the New Year, you may be planning to make some resolutions. It’s very common for people to rededicate themselves to being healthier and start with good intentions, only to fall off and see their efforts ultimately fail. If you want to give yourself the best chance for fitness success here are 5 New Year’s Resolution tips for you.
1) Don’t try to make too many changes, the more you make the more difficult it will be to keep all of them.
2) Focus on the actions or small steps that will lead to results. It’s better to say “I will start working out 3-4 days a week,” or “I will take better control over how much I eat,” than to say “I will get fit this year”.
3) Believe that you will be successful! Remind yourself every day how important you are and how important your goals are. Believe in your mind and your heart that you can do this!
4) Prioritize one or two main things at a time and support them with a few complimentary statements.
To become healthy and fit this year.
I will start or get back to exercising regularly and will workout 3-4 times a week.
I will quit or reduce harmful habits like smoking, drinking, excess sugar consumption, not getting enough sleep, etc.
I will focus on eating less processed foods and more fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein sources, and healthy fats.
5) Finally, give yourself time to make and implement changes. Old habits can be tough to break. Don’t beat yourself up if you fall off. Just get back up, dust yourself off, and commit yourself to make the changes you want.!
Follow me on Facebook (Livewellfit) as I offer you daily health challenges to add daily to start 2021 off on a good foot! Be on the lookout for my upcoming Total Health Eat Smarter/Move More Challenge announced January Sunday January 24th! #lwfeatsmarterchallenge