Oh my stars! This is one dish your entire family will eat and never know it "meats" all your needs.. meatless, vegan, gluten free and EASY.
This recipe is quick, healthy, and full of veggies! In 30 minutes, you’ll can have a nutritious and delicious meal that everyone in your family will enjoy!
1/2 Red Onion – sliced thin
1 carrot – shredded
1 cup fresh basil
6 Roma tomatoes – sliced thin
8 white mushrooms – sliced thin
1 green pepper – sliced thin
1 TBLS – chopped garlic
4 zucchini – sliced lengthwise
1 eggplant – sliced lengthwise
1 package (6oz) fresh baby spinach
Cooked Chicken or Turkey Breast – Shredded
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, sauté garlic and onion until they have turned slightly translucent. Add tomato, green peppers, carrots. Sauté until tender. Add mushrooms and basil. Sauté until all is tender and has almost turned into a sauce. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. While this is cooking, grill the eggplant and zucchini on a grill or Panini press until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. Sauté the spinach in skillet for 1 minute until it is slightly wilted. Set aside.
4. Assemble Ingredients in layers:
- Veggie Sauce
- Turkey / Chicken
- Fresh Basil
- Parmesan Cheese
5. Repeat the layers of veggies until you have reached the top of the pan.
6. Cover with Aluminum Foil and Bake at 400 degrees for 15- 20 minutes.